Louder is a digital marketing consultancy and platform provider for many well-known Australian brands and corporations. We specialise in a variety of marketing technologies and management consulting services to let clients revolutionise their approach to digital marketing.
Louder requires an experienced and proven Data Engineer to support Louder and its clients in building out innovative solutions for data analysis and insight.
The right candidate will be an experienced engineer who has a proven track record in building data pipelines using tools that extract data from third party APIs, onboard the data to Google Cloud Platform and clean and prepare the data for analysis or insight.
They will also be proficient in python, git and test driven development best practices and will have experience managing production pipelines with Apache Airflow.
All of the Louder team live and work by the following values:
- Proactive - we are a collective of thought leaders and you will need to demonstrate initiative.
- Resourceful - sometimes we don’t have everything at hand but you need to think laterally to get the job done.
- Learner - nothing stays the same in this industry for long. We need to constantly keep evaluating where our knowledge ceiling is and how to meet it.
- Innovative - a strong backing of theory is the beginning of great thinking. However, being able to practically invent is what we need.
- Independent - remote working is part of our lives more than before. You will need to have self-control around working unsupervised and being able to progress work regardless of your location.
- Supportive - everyone at Louder contributes to a wider team and sometimes that team needs help.
- Communicator - your great work needs to be conveyed in the best way to our clients for maximum understanding. Being able to simplify complexities and clear communication is key.
- Data pipelines - Developing and managing data pipelines for Louder and its customers.
- Automatically extracting data from source systems (including Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook etc) through API
- Cleaning and transforming data to meat business requirements
- Automation, monitoring and alerting on pipeline operation using Louder’s preferred tools which include Airflow, Python, dbt, BigQuery and Google Cloud Platform
- Business Analysis
- Understanding and documenting client requirements and solution
- Communicating clearly with non-technical stakeholders both internally and with clients
- Client communication
- Transparent communications on project progress effort estimates and anticipated delivery dates.
- Issue Resolution - resolve client issues as raised to Louder support desk according to SLAs.
- Brief Response - Analysing a brief from a client and providing technology solutions for specific business problems.
- Administer Google Analytics including configuration changes and platform access.
- Platform auditing and debugging recommendations.
- Training Material - for the purpose of client handover and transition into BAU
- Apply experience and initiative to develop Louder processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness as required.
- Assist and support other projects, as requested by the Louder team.
- Follow Louder best-practice procedure and policy
- Contribute toward Louder’s marketing efforts such as contributing toward Content Marketing publications.
- Continuing Professional Development - a commitment to continue professional development through a combination of formal development plans and self-initiative.
- Follow data security best practice to protect our client’s data and to minimise Louder’s exposure
The Successful Applicant:
- CS or similar Degree or equivalent experience
- Two plus years experience in creating and maintaining data pipelines
- SQL particularly BigQuery
- Google Cloud Platform, including: Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, PubSub, Cloud Storage, BigQuery, DataPrep, GSUtil, StackDriver
- Software development using Python (or another language) and test driven development
- Git, CI pipelines,
- linux command line tools
- Ability to time manage and work across multiple projects delivering to deadlines and of a high design standard.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- You have high standards in everything that you do with great attention to detail.
- A highly motivated, productive and collaborative approach to your work.
- An interest in emerging technologies, digital design trends, best practice and a desire to give anything a go
- Proven presentation and communication skills with the ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Google Cloud Certification
- DBT (data build tool)
- Apache Airflow
- Ruby, Jekyll
- Html, css, front end development
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as Power BI. Data Studio
- Experience of working with any of the following APIs:
- Google Marketing Platform,
- Google Analytics,
- Facebook or
- Microsoft Advertising.
- Jira and Confluence experience.
Working at Louder gives you a team of like minded professionals who are at the cutting edge and have fun at the same time. Read more about our culture and philosophy at Louder Careers.
Louder’s recruitment process involves the following:
- Resume (CV) check
- Phone screen
- Behavioural and abilities assessment
- Interview panel & respond to brief
- Reference check
For any specific questions on the role or the submission of your application, please send an email to email@example.com.