08 May 2023
Sunsetting of previous SA360 in 2024
- Google is due to shut down the previous Search Ads 360 (SA360) in early 2024, moving future efforts onto the New SA360 Experience.
- Schedule a platform migration date now to ensure a smooth transition.
- Maintain connection between Looker Studio and the new SA360 Experience by transitioning to a new SA360 connector
Google confirmed the date for the deprecation of the previous Search Ads 360 to be early 2024, with access to be deprecated by February 2024.
With a continuous focus to improve all Google products, the new SA360 Experience will bring you an updated look and feel through added features in parity with Google Ads.
What’s in the new SA360 Experience?
Here’s what Google has been focusing on in the new SA360 Experience:
Improved search engine support
- Visually similar to the existing Google Ads interface for easy adoption.
- Simplified cross-channel campaign management for advertisers
- More Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and Yahoo! Japan features
- Commitment to arrive at feature parity with Google Ads
Advanced enterprise innovations
- Reinforcement of Templates - automated campaign builder
- Enhanced reporting and improved enterprise integrations such as building customisable dashboards with Looker Studio
- Edit and view all billing settings in one place
Enhanced budget planning and better performance
- Launch of Performance Center - manage budgets and performance across campaigns and search engines
- Additional features - forecasting and planning across advertiser-defined lines of business
What does the sunset mean for you?
Access to the previous SA360 is expected to become unavailable between February and April 2024. Support for features in the previous SA360 will gradually reduce throughout 2023, making the migration to the new SA360 Experience a must to ensure the quality of support from both Google and your GMP Partner.
What can you do to prepare for the new SA360?
Schedule a migration to the new SA360 Experience!
It’s important to schedule this migration with plenty of lead time to ensure your transition is seamless and stress free.
Many users are already eligible to schedule a date, whilst remaining users will be notified from Mid-April 2023 to early January 2024. Head over to the Experience Hub in either the old or new SA360 UI to check if you’re eligible now! If you’re eligible to migrate, select the earliest date convenient to ensure a smooth transition.
You will be notified at least 30 days prior to when the migration occurs and will be given at least 60 days notice before access to the previous SA360 is removed. Please note that the migration can take up to 24 hours to complete.
If you are currently using Looker Studio dashboards with SA360 for reporting, you will also need to transition to a new SA360 connector to maintain the quality of your reports. Learn how to connect Looker Studio to the new SA360 Experience.
For more information, head to the Previous SA360 Sunset Timeline.
Get in touch
Reach out to Louder if you have any questions about upgrading to the new SA360 and the sunset of the previous SA360.